What’s your favorite fall fruit or vegetable? 🍁With the seasons changing so does my strategy for buying and eating different produce. We went to a farm to pick our hearts out and got a massive bounty! Here’s a few strategies I use and especially getting the kids to try a variety of foods:
• Butternut squash: peel, seed, cut into chuck, toss on a baking sheet with olive oil and salt and roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Pro tip with kids⭐️ Offer toothpicks and tiny bowls of maple syrup to dip in!
• Kabocha and delicata squash: cut into slices, seed and roast with olive oil and salt for 45-60 mins (you can eat the skin too!)
• Acorn squash: cut in half, seed and roast with A tbsp if maple syrup (and butter to make it even richer) at 400 degrees for 45-60 mins.
• Spaghetti Squash: cut in half, seed and roast at 400 degrees face down for 45-50 mins. Use a fork to to shred the squash into “spaghetti” and top with marinara sauce for a low carb meal.🍝
• Sweet potatoes: wash, prick with fork and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Cut in half and top with maple syrup, butter, Greek yogurt, cinnamon or eat plain. 🍠
• Persimmon: cut or slice into wedges to eat as is or add to salads or make bread (recipe link in bio👉🏻).
• Apples: eat raw, add to salads, pies, purée and much more! 🍎🍏
• Pomegranate: cut the ends off, quarter and remove the seeds to snack on or add to a salad.
• Pumpkin: cut into wedges, rinse the seeds (wash, dry and roast with salt in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 mins or until golden) and roast the pumpkin for 40 mins or until tender.🎃
What other fall foods are you wanting to use?